Whether seeking relief for a medical condition, searching for a method to help deal with the stresses of daily life, or wanting to maintain good health, more and more people are turning to therapeutic massage.
Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, muscle spasm and stress to promote health and wellness. Massage doesn’t just feel good, it works!
Therapeutic massage may enhance
medical treatment and help people feel less anxious and stressed.
Research shows it:
– reduces the heart rate
– lowers blood pressure
– relaxes muscles
– improves range of motion
– increases endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers
– eases symptoms of depression and chronic pain
Massage improves posture and circulation by loosening tight muscles. When muscles are more relaxed:
– joints move more freely
– pressure points and stiffness are relieved
– the flow of oxygen and nutrients that feed the body’s tissues is increased aiding healing
– metabolic waste is carried away from muscles and organs more efficiently
Massage decreases stress levels and provides relaxation. This allows us to better handle pressure and enhances our ability to manage today’s busy lifestyles.
If you haven’t tried it, be good to yourself and get a massage!
Information courtesy of Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.